My father passed away five years ago. One year after his death, almost to the day, my brother told me he had been diagnosed with ALS, or Lou Gehrig’s Disease. His life expectancy is 3-5 years. My brother has since lost his ability to walk, talk, and even eat.
- National PTSD Awareness Day
- National Nursing Assistant Week
- Men’s Health Month
- Alzheimer’s & Brain Awareness Month
- National Skilled Nursing Care Week
- National Nursing Week – Thank You to Hospice and Palliative Care Nurses!
- What Qualifies a Person for Palliative Care?
- What Are the Five Stages of Palliative Care?
- National Volunteer Week— Volunteering for Hospice
- Stress Awareness Month – Part 2: How Hospice and Palliative Helps Caregivers Caring for a Dying Loved One