With their unique talents, our Kansas Palliative & Hospice Care volunteers serve as patient and family advocates and help bring dignity and compassion to the end of life.
Volunteer at Kansas Palliative & Hospice Care
With their unique talents, our Kansas Palliative & Hospice Care volunteers serve as patient and family advocates and help bring dignity and compassion to the end of life. Hospice volunteering is a blessing to the patients, their families and our volunteers often claim for them!
Possible Kansas Palliative & Hospice Care volunteer opportunities include:
- Activity Volunteers – Provide assistance to patients with activities (i.e., play games, afternoon tea, reading, knitting).
- End-of-Life Volunteers – Trained patient-care volunteers provide support, respite care and companionship in the home or nursing home for patients who are actively dying.
- Direct Patient Care Volunteers – Trained volunteers visit or telephone patients and families at home, in nursing homes, assisted living facilities or inpatient units.
- Hair Care Volunteers – Trained patient-care volunteers provide haircuts, shampoos and styling to patients and families. The hair care volunteers must have a current cosmetology license.
- Pet Volunteers – Screened and trained pets and their volunteer handlers visit patients and provide socialization, comfort, and more.
- Music Volunteers – Trained patient care volunteers provide support to the patient and family by singing or playing a musical instrument.
- Photography Volunteers – These volunteers provide comfort and support by taking professional pictures of patients and families. The photography volunteer will provide a picture CD to families.
- Bereavement Volunteers – Bereavement specialists provide grief and loss counseling, memorial services, and other support services for family and loved ones.
Sign up to become a Kansas Palliative & Hospice Care volunteer today!
Complete the form on this page or contact any of our locations.
VIEW CURRENT VOLUNTEERMATCH.COM OPPORTUNITIES